To add information, contact Kim @ 584-3557
or e-mail to kimfromola@gmail.com

Thursday, November 7

UPDATE ON OLIE, THE OLA DOG--THIS IS HIS 4th YEAR in OLA

Well it was a long hot summer for 
Olie, but it seems he made it through pretty much unscathed, unlike last summer, when I would have to make that 26 mile round-trip to feed.  He has been with Butch and Joyce Biggers herd for a year now, which makes it much easier for me.

With not knowing how old he is, or the ability to have any Vet care, we have not been able to get a diagnosis with a growth on his right front leg.  With Chris being a retired Vet-Tech, we feel that it might be Cancer, but are monitoring it, and are giving him Rimadyl daily for pain.

He is getting fed everyday with a diet of 8 cups of dry food, 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of bread, soft dog food, 2 tablespoons of Veg. oil, 1/2 cup of beef or chicken broth, 3 slices of summer sausage which we put the medication in, and on occasions when we have a roast, hamburger, bacon, etc.. he gets some of that also.  He is being well fed I feel. The day I took the Pix I couldn't find his pan, but does eat out of a pan daily.

He is a very devoted dog, that requires no more human contact than what I give him.  I have touched him on different occasions, and he will eat out of my hand.  With this, we have a relationship based on trust and respect.  I will take care of him as long as he is still with our Ola community, and our "OLIE"  the Ola dog.

I would like to also Thank my wife Chris, Sharon Sutton, and Shannon Foruria, for feeding when I am unable to do so.

Thanks to the OLA community for having him in your thoughts and prayers.
Mike Samson




No comments:

Post a Comment